Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2 days!

First post...let's make this good. Actually, I can't really decide if I'm going to use this means of communication that often. I can't say that I'm much of a blogger at heart...I don't really enjoy it at all to be honest. I love gmail. A lot. Too much...I have nightmares about having to live without it. BUT, for your pleasure and your pleasure alone, I will do this as to not force feed long and in depth emails down your throats that you feel obligated to read.

So here goes nothing. (and just a warning, I use ellipses...A LOT...)

I leave in TWO days! It's ridiculous. When I was told last April that I would be living in March of 2009 for Central Asia, it was pretty much some of the most disappointing news I'd ever received, besides the part about being accepted into the Peace Corps. But I eventually came around to it...looking on the bright side, I thought about 1) how I would have time to build up some savings and 2) that Central Asia was one of the only places in the world that I didn't previously have the desire to visit so it would be a new and fantastic thing that I wouldn't have otherwise gotten the chance to experience.

A brief time line for you: I started the PC application in September 2007, completed it in February 2008, interviewed in March 2008, accepted in April 2008 and I am departing March 27th, 2009. It's been a long year and a half to say the very least.

If you would like to receive snail mail letters from me, please leave your address. If you would like to be added to my email list, please let me know.


note* the name of this blog is courtesy of Evan Hutchinson!

2 comments:

  1. now you're freaking ME out...see you in philly...in 2 days...are you packed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog vs e-mail thing I suppose depends upon where you end up. Since I was in the vill, I only had the chance to send out an e-mail once or twice a month at first, so I wanted to make darn certain that they were quality. But if you're in the big city, I suppose it'd be better to have gmail for the normal usage, then the blog on deep reflection. Maybe, in theory. Either way, I'll be watching and trying my best to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete